On this information, we’re going to focus on varied options to repair the problem of excessive CPU utilization of Microsoft Workplace SDX Helper. As per some affected customers, this course of takes an excessive amount of CPU utilization and finally ends up making your PC sluggish. Now, allow us to take a look at intimately what is that this course of and how one can repair its excessive CPU utilization on this article.
What’s the Microsoft Workplace SDX Helper course of?
The Microsoft Workplace SDX Helper or Sdxhelper.exe is a course of associated to Microsoft Workplace. It’s Microsoft’s safe obtain supervisor that allows safe obtain and replace of Workplace modules. This course of runs within the background and doesn’t devour a lot CPU and different CPU assets. Nonetheless, some customers have complained of excessive CPU utilization of about 50-60% by Sdxhelper.exe. This downside is essential because it slows down the PC and prevents you from utilizing your system usually.
Now, in case you are going through the identical downside, this text is meant that will help you out. Yow will discover all of the doable fixes to resolve the issue.
What causes excessive CPU utilization of SDXHelper.exe?
Listed here are the doable causes for prime CPU utilization of SDXHelper.exe on Home windows 11/10:
- The issue might happen if Workplace and Home windows usually are not updated.
- It may also be prompted resulting from corrupted or defective set up of Microsoft Workplace.
- Antivirus interference can even lead to the identical subject.
- Corrupted Workplace Doc Cache is another excuse for a similar downside.
Can I disable Microsoft Workplace SDX Helper?
You may disable Microsoft Workplace SDX Helper or SDXHelper.exe. However then, you’ll have to manually set up options and different updates of Workplace.
Repair Microsoft Workplace SDX Helper Excessive Disk or CPU Utilization
If Microsoft Workplace SDX Helper (SDXHelper.exe) shows excessive Reminiscence, Disk or CPU Utilization then right here’s what it’s good to do to resolve the issue.
- Replace Workplace.
- Replace Home windows to the Newest Construct.
- Add Exception for SDX Helper in your Antivirus.
- Clear the Workplace Doc Cache.
- Disable some duties in Process Scheduler.
- Rename the SDX Helper File.
- Restore Workplace.
- Reinstall Workplace.
Allow us to focus on these options intimately now!
1] Replace Workplace
This downside might happen in case you are utilizing outdated variations of Workplace. So, be sure you are utilizing the newest model of Microsoft Workplace. In case your Workplace just isn’t updated, set up all of the accessible updates. For that, you should use the next steps:
- Firstly, launch any of the Workplace apps like Phrase, Excel, PowerPoint, and many others.
- Subsequent, go to the Dwelling tab and click on on the Account possibility.
- Now, press on the Replace Choices drop-down after which choose the Replace Now possibility.
- After that, Workplace will examine for accessible updates and obtain and set up them
- When the replace course of is full, examine if the problem is now resolved.
2] Replace Home windows to the Newest Construct
You should make it possible for each Home windows and Workplace are updated. If there’s an incompatibility subject between OS and Workplace modules, it may possibly trigger the issue of excessive CPU utilization of Microsoft Workplace SDX Helper. So, be certain that your Home windows is up to date to the newest construct and if it’s not up to date, replace Home windows after which see if the issue is resolved.
You may open the Home windows Settings app after which navigate to the Home windows Replace tab after which examine for updates. After that, obtain and set up Home windows updates.
If the issue happens once more, you may strive the following potential repair to repair the error.
Learn: Repair Providers and Controller app Excessive CPU utilization.
3] Add Exception for SDX Helper in your Antivirus
In case your antivirus is interfering with the Workplace module replace operations, this subject might come up. Therefore, including Sdxhelper.exe to the exception listing of your antivirus would possibly show you how to resolve the problem. To do this, comply with beneath steps:
- Firstly, disable your antivirus after which analyze if Sdxhelper.exe just isn’t having a lot CPU utilization.
- If sure, you may strive including Sdxhelper.exe to the exception or exclusion listing of your antivirus. For that, open your antivirus and go to the Exclusion settings.
- Now, you can see Sdxhelper.exe on the beneath location:
C:Program Recordsdata (x86)Microsoft OfficerootvfsProgramFilesCommonX64Microsoft SharedOFFICE16
- When performed including the exception, allow your antivirus and hopefully, the issue shall be resolved completely.
See: Microsoft Excel causes Excessive CPU utilization when operating on Home windows.
4] Clear the Workplace Doc Cache
This downside could also be triggered within the case of a corrupted Workplace Doc cache. So, clearing the workplace Doc cache ought to allow you to repair the problem at hand. Listed here are the steps to try this:
- Firstly, begin the Workplace Add Heart from the Begin menu as an administrator.
- Now, open its Settings after which click on on the Delete cached information button.
- After that, reboot your PC after which examine if the issue is resolved now.
You can even manually clear the Workplace doc cache by going to the next location and deleting all of the information:
Substitute <USERNAME> together with your username. After clearing the cache, reboot your PC after cleansing the cache after which see if the problem is gone.
5] Disable some duties in Process Scheduler
If the problem nonetheless persists, you may strive disabling some related duties from Process Scheduler to counter the issue. These duties embrace Workplace Characteristic Updates and Workplace Characteristic Updates Logon duties. Do notice that after disabling these duties, you’ll need to manually replace the Workplace purposes.
Listed here are the steps to disable related duties in Process Scheduler:
- Firstly, open Process Scheduler from the Begin menu.
- Now, navigate to the Process Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Workplace part from the left panel.
- Subsequent, from the center panel, right-click on the Workplace Characteristic Updates process and click on on Disable.
- After that, repeat step (3) for the Workplace Characteristic Updates Logon process.
- Lastly, restart your PC after which examine if the issue is resolved.
You can even run the beneath instructions (one after the other) in Powershell (Admin) to disable the above duties:
Schtasks /change /s $_ /tn ‘MicrosoftOfficeOffice Characteristic Updates’ /disable Schtasks /change /s $_ /tn ‘MicrosoftOfficeOffice Characteristic Updates Logon’ /disable
6] Rename the SDX Helper File
If not one of the above options be just right for you, strive renaming the SDX Helper file. Some customers have reportedly mounted the issue utilizing this workaround, and it would simply be just right for you as effectively. Nonetheless, after renaming it, you’ll have to replace Workplace manually.
Listed here are the steps for renaming the SDX Helper file:
First, open Process Supervisor and finish the SDXHelper.exe course of.
Now, navigate to the next tackle in File Explorer:
C:Program Recordsdata (x86)Microsoft OfficerootvfsProgramFilesCommonX86Microsoft SharedOFFICE16
The above location might range for you, so navigate to whichever location the place the file is current.
Subsequent, choose and right-click on sdxhelper.exe, and from the context menu, click on on Rename.
After that, enter the brand new title with an extension. For instance, you should use a reputation like sdxhelper1.new
When the file is renamed, examine whether or not the issue is resolved or not.
Learn: Service Host Supply Optimization Excessive Community, Disk or CPU utilization.
7] Restore Workplace
The excessive CPU utilization of Sdxhelper.exe may be prompted resulting from a corrupted or defective set up of the Workplace suite. If the situation is relevant to you, you need to be capable of repair the issue by repairing the Workplace suite. To carry out Workplace restore, listed below are the steps to comply with:
- Firstly, open the Settings app by urgent Home windows + I hotkey.
- Now, go to the Apps tab after which click on on the Apps & options possibility.
- Subsequent, scroll all the way down to the Workplace app after which click on on the three-dot menu button current subsequent to it.
- After that, click on on the Modify possibility after which press Sure on the UAC immediate.
- Then, select the Fast Restore or On-line Restore (really helpful) possibility after which faucet on the Restore button to start out Workplace repairing course of.
- When the method is completed, examine whether or not or not the issue is resolved.
8] Reinstall Workplace
If not one of the above options be just right for you, the final resort is to reinstall your entire Workplace suite in your PC. The issue would possibly lie with the corrupted set up of Workplace modules which is past restore. So, examine with a recent set up, it would resolve the issue for you.
Firstly, you’ll have to utterly uninstall the Microsoft workplace suite utilizing the Settings app. Then, transfer the next tackle in File Explorer and delete the Workplace folder:
Subsequent, go to the next tackle and delete folders named Microsoft Workplace and/or Microsoft Workplace 15
When performed, obtain the newest model of the Workplace suite from an official supply after which set up it in your system.
Hopefully, this may show you how to eliminate the issue of SDX Helper excessive CPU utilization
See: Fashionable Setup Host excessive CPU or Reminiscence utilization.
How do I repair Microsoft Workplace SDX helper has stopped working?
If Microsoft Workplace SDX helper has stopped working, the issue could be prompted resulting from corrupted set up of Microsoft Workplace. You may strive repairing Workplace utilizing Fast Restore or On-line Restore. If that doesn’t assist, uninstall after which reinstall Microsoft Workplace in your PC.
- What Is Spooler SubSystem app & why the Excessive CPU utilization?
- Microsoft Workplace Click on-To-Run Excessive CPU utilization.